Sunday, May 10, 2015

Convention 2015 inspire.create.share.

Each year for the last six years I have made an annual trip to convention to be inspired, to create and share. This year, We did all of that and more!
A few of my Fellow stamping friends and I have just returned from the Gold Coast having survived a category 1 cyclone and the last Stampin Up ! Convention ever as we know it.
In the opening session we received the new 2015-16 stampin'Up! catalogue. 
700 very excited demonstrators took home a copy of the new catalogue to read in cafes, planes and trains.
We were inspired by 25 staff from the Riverton office US, plus Australian and NZ demonstrators.
We created some gorgeous cards during the make and take 
and learned how to share the fun!
This year CEO Shelli Gardener was on something or other in Hawaii with her husband Sterling.So here I am getting to know interim CEO Sarah Douglass. We had an in depth conversation about the weater and humidity in Australia and what it does to our hair. As you can see Sarah has a stylist and I have well rain frizzed kinky hair, but she complimented me all the same.
So photo above is the location shot of our apartment in relation to the Gold Coast convention centre.
It's the small block next to the pink building, one block back from the beach.
I stayed with three awesome room mates: Wanda, Linda and Courtenay.
Here's a better photo of me showing my new proper hair cut and colour. I had done before convention. I'm looking pretty happy here because its day one and I've had a good night of sleep before the excitement of the next three days begins.
I was going to post these photos in chronological order but instead you'll be enjoying them as they come.
Our view from the balcony overlooking the water. I was glad we were this far back as the waves got a little high and wild during Friday nights cyclone adventure. 
At each of the general session new stamps, new products and in-coming colours were revealed.
The flower above is made with new cotton paper which scrunched easily and beautifully to form a rose. That went straight on the wish list for me. Imagine every gift box getting one of these on top?
There were display boards filled with creative ideas using new stamps, new papers, interesting techniques and  those in-colours.
Lace dotted ribbon, patterned paper and flower embellishments - they're on the wish list too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: