Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A challenge with Washi tape feathers.

Each month our Stampin' Up team (The Inksomniacs) have a challenge to keep the creative juices flowing and to inspire us. This month we have a card sketch to use as inspiration.
 
My creative process starts usually with colours, stamp images and then i design the layout.
So this is what's challenging for me, to start at the end and work backwards.
I have been working with Christmas colours lately like real red, old olive and gold ribbons so that was my base.
I added washi tape to create the horizontal element on the background and ran the whole card base through the big shot and dotted embossing folder.
I also like to repeat the colours in the images that I stamp... But I hadn't stamped anything yet!
I was experimenting with putting washi tape on different cardstock colours. 
Gold on elegant eggplant and blue on shimmer white cardstock.
To make it more interesting I die cut some feathers and they came out quite well so I stuck them on the card on an old olive Apothecary art Framelit.
Tied on some gold bakers twine and gold ribbon as per the card sketch and now, all it needs is a sentiment. It's no longer a Christmas card so maybe Birthday, A thank you or thinking of you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: