Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Masculine cards are all at sea

By request I have been dabbling in the male and masculine style of card making.
Fortunately a new Seasonal catalogue is just around the corner and my pre order has a beautiful background stamp that is just perfect!
The  background stamp is called "hardwood". It works so well with "The Open Sea" . 
I chose Bermuda Bay and pool party inks to stamp the world map and ship sailing across the whisper white 6.6cm circle punch. 
I was trying for a Sailing theme here with a port hole in the wood panel wall of a ship. Using a piece of vellum I stamped my ship in Bermuda Bay ink.
It lies beneath the layer of Slate grey cardstock with a port hole punched in a circle 4.4cm wide.
And this one I have stamped on velum, again, layered over a white 6.6cm circle which is kind of roughed-up around the edges.
Of course the boat-theme was just crying out for some rope and knotted twine. This one comes brand new in a Saleabration free pack of Sorbet coloured accessories.
The twine is attached with glue dots and a touch of two way glue pen. 
The Happy birthday is a cute little sentiment from the Hostess rack called "Postage Collection".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: