Saturday, February 02, 2013

Established elegance chalkboard technique

Have you seen the "Chalkboard Technique" around everywhere?
 I guess I've been seeing it because it is  in all the back to school adds. And it was part of the "I am ..." theme at Stampin' Up!s convention last May.  (oooh, roll on Brisbane 2013).
It's quite easy to re-create the look with some black cardstock and white ink.
All you do is lightly wipe a tissue onto your Craft Whisper White Ink pad and gently smudge it  over a piece of  "Basic Black Cardstock" to make it look like someone has erased the chalkboard.
I only dabbed it very lightly with a dry tissue.
If it doesn't look right just rub off the wet ink with a clean tissue - remember less is always more.
Then I stamped the words and images with whisper white ink over the top and let it dry.
For some reason I tend to make cards in threes, my next two cards I have given a vintage style by adding diecut scallop circles in First Edition Specialty paper.
If you want the writing to really stand out you can use "White Embossing Powder" and set it with your "Heat Tool".  My ink is really juicy and I was happy with this result.
The images are from the "Established Elegance" and "Sweet Essentials" stampset. I just love the old fashioned typewriter, key and ink nib. The faux stitching is easily done with a Paper piercing tool and white Signo gel pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: