Thursday, October 18, 2012

Another Crafter's Anonymous Monday night project

I said I had a backlog of projects to show you, didn't I?
This very practical project was made at our Monday night class on Crafter's Anonymous.
It is a very cool little CD cover that you could make to give as a gift, or to save your own special photo CDs in. The CD can be held in place with a long legged brad in the centre.
 I decided to keep mine held closed with a ribbon belly band.
Some very pretty Cherrry Cobbler spotted scallop ribbon that I have in my collection and then I have used my new BIG SHOT Die: Delicate Doilies that cut beautifully when you have two shims!!!
I have stuck very closely with the Fan Fare Style Suite of products from Stampin' Up!
 Note the cute little Vintage Facetted button tied with a piece of Baker's Twine?
The patterned paper is "Fan Fair" very French and has a variety of designs depicting the Eiffel tower, bicycles, keys, rulers, fans, lace ribbon and writing in the colours:
Island Indigo, Riding hood Red, More mustard and Very Vanilla.
 I have used Cherry cobbler and Island Indigo as my two main colours and just repeated them in ink, cardstock, ribbons and stamping. That's the value of stampin up!'s suite of products - everything coordinates and everything goes together perfectly (especially if you stick to the same colour scheme as the patterned papers)... hmm.
Stampset: Postage Due (my favourite stampset).
A set of 3 postage stamps and a back ground stamp all in the same set. And it goes perfectly with the Artistic Etchings stampset, Morning Post and the Postage stamp punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: