Friday, September 21, 2012

Island Indigo Snow Flurry

 This months Team challenge for the Inksomniacs is to create a Christmas card using new products... with the challenging part being to use non-christmassy colours.
Well I have plenty of new products from the Holiday catalogue to play with...and I thought why not a non traditional blue-green like "Island Indigo".
Starting from the bottom layer I have embossed the snow flake pattern using the Delicate Designs folder, edging it with the Large scallop edgelit.
I've added the Finishing touches edgelit in white cardstock underneath ... just love the freshness of white and blue.
My sentiment is the new Merry Christmas stamp from "greetings of the season" ... likeing this script style of writing.
Then the star of the card is.... 
 The "snow flurry" snowflake!
For the bling and glitter I have cut out some Glimmer paper (this one is silver, but it now comes in champagne too, perfect for Christmas!)
I've layered the snowflakes with whisper white and pinned it together with a silver brad.
Notice the little silver crosses, I punched them out with the itty bitty shapes pack (from the scraps that surrounded the snowflake die).
 This is a brand new BIGZ die that will cut through nearly any material.
Above I have used the glimmer paper, acetate and cardstock.
It willl also go through fabric, shim metal, silver foil, cork, cardboard and thin plastic.
 The three snowflakes can also be trimmed into very cute little shapes like reindeer antlers... can't wait to experiment some more with this die.

1 comment:

  1. Love the composition of this card and the balance you've achieved Nerida. And yet again, you have used products that I now have to buy!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: