Saturday, September 15, 2012

Colour challenge - Crafters anonymous - My 2 cents worth.

September's mini challenge over at Crafter's Anon is a colour inspiration challenge.
Don't you love a challenge that stretches you way outside your comfort zone?
The colours in this challenge were: Summer Starfruit, Basic Grey, Whisper white and Basic Black.
I haven't used my square Stampin' Up punches for a very long time.
The square pillows and flower texture inspired the layout for this design.
 Card Recipe:
Stampset: "Postage Paid" p.108 (Annual catalogue) $29.95
Ink: Black stazon.
Cardstock: Basic grey, whisper white, Summer Starfruit.
Punches: Square punches 1 1/4" and 1 3/8",
NEW 1 1/4" scallop circle, Postage stamp punch.
Dimensionals and silver brad.
 The style is crisp and clean. What else would you expect with balck and white,  offset with a distressed crumpled flower in the corner. the flower is made with three punched scallop circles distessed and delaminated to make 6 layers. Held together with one of our mini silver brads.
 I love this stampset - "Postage Due" - It's french, it is slightly vintage and it has that gorgeous 2 cents worth stamp that matches the postage stamp punch, (*sigh*) love it when everything coordinates...
What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this card. I just had this stamp set delivered and cannot wait to ink it up now that I have seen this card. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: