Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mother's day cards in March?

 Mother's Day is only about 7 weeks away ... did I count that correctly?
I usually find if I don't make cards for an event a month a head I totally miss it. Does that happen to you?
When I think of mother's day I think of flowers and this beautiful Rich Razzleberry colour with patterned designer series paper gives a rich background to this stamping technique.

Has anyone shown you the Mother-of-Pearl technique before?
It is just another use for our gorgeous shimmer paint.
In brief you apply the shimmer paint with plastic cling wrap, then sponge ink onto the glossy cardstock in soft colours such as baja breeze, pretty in pink.
And when it dries you stamp an image over the top in black stazon ink. When it catches the light it shines like mother of pearl.
Quick Recipe:
Stampset: Fabulous Florets (Summer mini), Teeny tiny sentiments. 
Cardstock: Rich razleberry, whisper white and glossy white.
Designer series paper: Pocketful of Posies.
Ink: baja breeze, pink and Rich razzleberry.
Tools: 6cm and 4 cm circle punches, modern label punch.
Sponges, sponge daube, cling wrap.
Shimmer paint - frost white.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: