Friday, February 03, 2012

A Morning cup to "perk" you up

 When you are feeling a little bit down or a little tired and emotional what's the perfect pick me up?
A card from a friend, of course.
Aren't these little take-away cup cards just perfect?
They would make lovely Thank you cards, Invites, Thinking of you or, Random acts of kindness cards.
The tutorial for these is at: Lorri Heiling's stampaddict blog.
 I made a few changes with the measurements.
These are made using half an A5 card. which is 10.5cm high.
I just cut a normal card in half then trimmed a diagonal off each side, making the bottom 2.5 cm narrower than the top. If that doesn't make sense ask me for directions.
The band around the centre is crimped with my crimp tool to look like the belly band of an insulated cup.
 The whole cup was also crimped for that realistic texture and this belly band is from Mocha Morning Specialty paper. I've stamped the Tea cups from the A la carte stamp and raised them with dimensionals.
 The top of the cup (mmm I think they call it the lid) has a 3D white strip on it.
Now if I had the SWAK lip stamp I could put a bit of lipstick on the edge for realism... but as I don't we will have to suffice with a "poppy parade" love heart punched with the Small heart punch.
The last one needed to have some purple on it as it was for a friend who likes the purples...
I think the "kindness matters" butterflies are also a happy perk-me-up stamp with Boho Blossom flowers and a touch of Concord crush ribbon.

1 comment:

  1. These are so cool. I like the cafe latte colours of the first three and then the butterfly one is really pretty. What a cool project.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: