Monday, January 16, 2012

a CASE of the Catalogue!

Only a few weeks left of the holidays ... I have been neglecting my blog, so sorry - am having a lovely family and friend time, doing some scrapbooking and card making, just making up the days as they come along.
Now just before Christmas I was flipping through the main Stampin' Up! catalogue and remembered how much I liked this box and tag.
Now I had bought the two tags die and the Fancy Favour box die with this project in mind -
I hope you like my interpretation of the project on page 145.
 It is more than a gift box as you can keep your pens, scissors, tags and ribbon scraps in it.
Just looks so special covered in the Flirtacious Designer fabric ... I dont think I can give this away, not yet.
I have used the gorgeous Glimmer paper (sponged with Melon Mambo ink).
The 5 petal punch makes a lovely bloom in First Edition paper held together with a Vintage brad in the centre.
 The decorative label "wings" are sprayed with my homemade shimmer paint "mist".
 I have tied the gift tag with a piece of fabric (just torn from the edge of the fat quarter) and tied a key trinket charm to the top.
The "kindness matters" stampset is so beautiful I want to stamp pink and Soft suede butterflies on everything...
 See what you can make with a few big shot dies, some gorgeous fabric and a pretty stampset?
I enjoyed making this box and it is a substantial little trinket holder on my table.
Any questions or thoughts? Leave me a comment below.

1 comment:

  1. There is so much inspiration in the IB&C. I bought the Kindness Matters stamp set when the catalogue came out just because of this gorgeous tag. I will have to make it too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: