Friday, November 04, 2011

A stack of Christmas baubles...

 Today and yesterday I made these three cards... it is a great idea for quick stamping and sponging that I saw recently by Dawn Ferguson.
 The branches are stamped with my old favourite "Lovely as a tree" stampset.
And the centres of the baubles are stamped with the "Artistic Etchings" medallion.
I have used a clear window sheet, with three circles punched out, to mask the card while I sponged and stamped the Christmas baubles on to the tree.
 And then I changed the tree branches to swirly patterns with the Creative Elements stampset.
You can stamp the baubles in different colours and with different patterns and stamps.
The Joy at Christmas stamp is from "Perfect Punches" and fits neatly into the scallop circle punch.
 It is important to remember to keep a white circle (without ink) as you sponge your baubles.
To give them that 3D appearance.

1 comment:

  1. What a clever and different idea. I am excited to give this technique a go. It's also a great way to use stamps that are not just for Christmas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: