Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Another Crafter's Anonymous project - Tea caddy

I look forward to Monday night classes over at Crafter's Anonymous...
You never know what the project is going to be. 
Prior to the class we receive a list of supplies needed and only get to see the completed project towards the end of the class - it's very exciting!
So enough chat - here is what we made:
 I chose to use the Lap of luxury Designer Series papers: Just love how they combine Concord Crush and Pretty in Pink.
 The Box is made out of a piece of 12 x 12 Cardstock, patterned paper and some contrasting cardstock for the top and bottom. Reinforced on the base and lid with some thin cardboard (from the DSP packaging).
 The Tea caddy would hold a whole box of Tea bags... I just chose this brand because they were purple and matched my colours.
 My box opens with a hinged lid at the top so you can continuously add more if you wish to.
This one is definitely for tea bags as the stamping is from the lovely "Morning Cup" set.
A quick dab of water colouring and Stampin' Write marker work and I was done.
Recipe:
Cardstock: Concord Crush 12x12 smooth, Pretty in pink, whisper white.
DS paper: Lap of Luxury
Stampset: Morning Cup Clear mounted
Inks: Concord Crush.
Markers: Pretty in pink, marina mist, daffodil delight.
Aquapainter (for water colouring)
Word Window Punch, XL Scallop circle Punch.
Sponges, Sticky strip, snail and Dimensionals.

2 comments:

  1. What a cool project to do and it would make a lovely gift for someone who loved tea or coffee using the coffee bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Nerdia - I just love Concord Crush, so glad we get to keep it for another year.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: