Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Double Easel card

 Don't you just love an easel card?
This one uses a double easel ... a very clever idea inspired by Sharon Makin from Crafter's Anonymous.
 I have made mine with the butterfly stamp from the gorgeous Strength and Hope stampset.
This I think would work for any special event such as a wedding, engagement or graduation card.
I've mainly used basic black ink for all my stamping and versamark for the embossed sentiment.
I stamped over the strip of "Love Letter" DSP and wrapped a piece of black satin ribbon around the base.
The Topnote die makes a stunning statement on this project in sahara sand and black. I have run it through the vintage embossing folder for some deep texture.
The centres of the butterflies are the vintage brads.
Can you pick the mistake I made with this card...?
Card Recipe:
Stampsets: Strength and Hope, Curly Cute, Teeny Tiny sentiments.
Cardstock: very vanilla, basic black, sahara sand
Ink: Basic black, versamark
Tools and Accessories:
Silver embossing powder, heat gun.
Patterned paper: Love letter
Vintage Brads, Paper snips.
Big shot machine, Top note die, Vintage wallpaper embossing folder,
 Pinking hearts border punch.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, this is a stunning card, very elegant. What a beautiful card to recieve.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: