Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cyberstamp weekend challenge - So cute.

On the weekend, members of the Elite Stamper's team shared a cyberstamp.
A cyberstamp is where everyone stays in their own warm dry homes and join in on an online stamp night .
Jane suggested three challenges and the deadline for finishing was the end of the long weekend.
So here is what I made on Monday afternoon.
The challenge went like this:
Choose a number between 1 and 99.
My daughter Jessica chose 50.
Open the Idea Book and Catalogue at that page number...
Choose a card on that page to copy.
Then choose a stamp set that you think might be in danger of retiring at the end of this catalogue.
I chose "so cute" a free stamp set I won at Convention as a lucky door prize.
This was a perfect sketch to use for this stamp set as the little simple line images fit nicely in the
 1 1/4" and 1" circle punches.
I stamped in Rich razzleberry, Marina Mist and Concord crush inks then used my aqua painter (water colour pen) to paint the pea pod in certainly celery.
I cut it out and raised it with a dimensional above the original image.
Then drew focus to one of the peas with a rhinestone jewel.
I love the little words on each of these stamps: sweet pea, cupcake, peanut, love...
Other Tools and accessories:
Big shot machine, Square lattice embossing folder, Daffodil delight satin ribbon.
I really enjoyed playing with this challenge, perhaps you would like to play too?

1 comment:

  1. I love it Nerida...I bought this set and haven't used it all all....The colours you have used are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: