Friday, May 27, 2011

Shimmer strong and subtle

As a Stampin' up demonstrator every month I receive a newsletter called impressions.
 It is full of ideas to use our stamps, inks and new products. There's almost always a new technique to try
or an old technique done in a new way and I look forward to receiving the inspiration every month.
 For the month of June there are 6 projects to create ... this is my version of the one above.
Shimmer can be Strong . . .
Everyone likes a little shimmer on a card - its like adding jewellery to an outfit.
To create a strong shimmer look you start with a bold image such as the Medallion stamp.
I've stamped it first in Soft Suede,  then inked the stamp in Platinum Shimmer paint using a sponge dauber on to the rubber, and stamped it again.
When ever I CASE a card (that's Copy And Share Everything), I tend to change a few things, and this one I have put velum butterflies flittering across the card. They have been cut and embossed with the big shot machine and the embosslit die: Beautiful wings.
 The sentiment is actually inside the card.
Happy Birtthday from the teeny tiny sentiments set fits perfectly on a cut down label made with the Decorative label punch.
 It opens up to show the stamped label and sentiment, raised on dimensionals so that it locks the card closed when shut.
You get a bold and shimmery effect depending on what angle you look at the card... it gives you so many options for a shimmery look, you can even create your own shimmer spray, to sparkle on anything you want, like ribbons, card, paper, fabric ...
Our shimmer paint comes in three different colours:
Platinum, Champagne and Frost white.
Would you like to receive the impressions magazine every month too?
To find out more, or place an order you can Contact me by email or phone 0468 877 125.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: