Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fabulous folds - A Never ending card story...

I have had this idea on my to do list for a long time.
Our Stampin' Up Impressions magazine featured this fabulous folding card last month.
And Crafters Anonymous have a lift the flap challenge, this fortnight too.
 (I think this qualifies as a lift the flap kind of card).
So finally, I created my own Never Ending Card.
This is the outside of the card. I kept the colours simple to start with Pear Pizzazz and Marina Mist on whisper white, using the "Fox and Friends" and "Party this way" stamp sets throughout all the layers of the card for continuity (to make it seem never ending).
To begin you open the centre of the card and fold the pieces backwards.
I've taken a photo to try and show you how it opens up in the middle and reveals the next layer of card.
You could add your sentiment to this layer, or the last layer, or both.
I've introduced Peach parfait, Melon Mambo and Poppy Parade to mix up the colours and tell the story of the animals coming to the party. These would make great invitations don't you think?
 Opening the next layer reveals more of the animals heading to the birthday party.
Perhaps, you could add some story lines and make it like a never ending book....
...and then Mr Turtle said  to Mr Lion "are you going to the birthday party too"? (or perhaps not).
 I think this is the third layer ... three giraffes heading to the party.
 Which brings us to layer four... Mmmm, next version I must remember to add more white space.
Or perhaps a final flap for writing your message on.
Its not too late, I can add a punched out shape, which lifts up on one of those balloons.
Wouldn't it be cute if the balloons lifted up to reveal a written messages underneath?
Here's a top shot to show you that by opening the inside of the final layer, we have returned to the front of the card again. 
By opening the middle you start the never ending card story all over again.
Kids especially love this kind of card as it just keeps opening up in the centre and goes 'round and 'round, until you are finished playing with it. Which may be never...
Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Nerida! So many flaps to open... I've never attempted one of these but have been the recipient and the way they work is incredible... love your colours and the cute little animals too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nerida! You are the winner of this challenge and will receive a special gift in the post... send me yr address on Crafters Anonymous as soon as you get the chance!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: