Monday, March 14, 2011

Elegant lines and window sheet butterflies

This idea of butteflies made from window sheets comes from a fellow stampin up demo named Julia Emms. When I saw this beautiful idea of butterflies made from window sheets (aka: clear transparency) I just wanted to experiment with it.
The white ink on the edges of the plastic seems to accentuate the clear transparent butterfly wings and the purple caught my eye at first and then the elegant lines embossing and pearls.
The Thank you is from the stampset Curly Cute and punched out with the scallop oval punch with a little sponging on all layers.
So then I had try a double butterfly using two beautiful butterflies on top of each other.
The two butterflies can go through the embossing folder at the same time if you want the same texture on both layers.
The white ink is Stazon cotton white... just another thing you can sponge this white ink on to. I loved making this fairly simple card so I took a few photos of it from different angles. Thank you Julia Emms for the original idea and here is the recipe list.
Stampset: Curly Cute
Ink: Perfect Plum
Cotton White stazon.
Cardstock: Perfect Plum, whisper white, sahara sand.
Tools and accessories: Big shot machine, Elegant Lines embossing folder, Beautiful Butterflies Die cut,
Basic Pearl jewells, Scallop oval punch, Sponges,Mini glue dots and dimensional adhesives.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the beautiful card i recieved today, similar to this one. I love them both and can't wait to find ten minutes to make some of those butterflies for me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: