Sunday, February 13, 2011

Specialty papers on cards and boxes

On Saturday we made these two projects at Telita's Cardmaking party. We had a great time, six ladies crafting together and having a cuppa, sharing ideas and the rain pouring down outside.
If you would like to make any or both of these at your place send me an email: nerida_carter@hotmail.com
 This is the bright and cheery birthday card we made. It uses the Aviary stampset from the summer mini and also the Sale-a-bration set "so happy for you".
Rose red, pumpkin pie and Early espresso together is a great combination.
Here's the close up of my rock and rolled bird in the hanging cage. We punched him out with the 1 3/8" circle punch that fits this small bird cage perfectly. 
 I can't not mention the beautiful Specialty paper: Sweet and Sour which is textured and shiny on one side, very special, with a bit of sponging around the edges it adds a gorgeous level of quality to a card.
 Here (above) are the scallop square die boxes we made. The box is made out of one piece of A4 cardstock which leaves a strip down the side that you can use for a handle or use the beautiful satin ribbons or polystitched cotton ribbon for a handle.
 We used the Bliss stampset (also from the Sale-a-bration catalogue) to make our tag.
The Bliss word fits perfectly into the oval scalloped punch, and layered onto the wide oval makes a great raised centrepiece for your box front.
 You can attach your cardstock handle with brads, or as above I have just created a hole with the crop-a-dile and knotted the ribbon ends so that they wont slip through.
 I sponged the Presto paper with Perfect Plum ink and layered it onto a concord crush mount. I do love how these three purples go so nicely together.
Sale-a-bration continues until the 31st of March, so if you're planning a party to gain your FREE stampsets let me know as weekends are filling up fast, at this time of year.
If you don't have a Sale-a bration catalogue yet, give me a call and I will post one out to you.
Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: