Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Presto Paper and Curly cute Congratulations

 I am so enjoying this cooler weather, after the change we had on Sunday afternoon, I feel a new energy and ... for a friend who graduated recently I made this card.
I am CASEing (that means copy and share everything) the Sale-a-bration catalogue (page 7). Its amazing when you change the colours and add a different width of cardstock to a design how different it can look.
The main thing I changed is the strip of Presto patterns paper. This paper is really spectacular. I sponged it a little with Old Olive ink, then painted the detail with my aquapainter and finally spritzed it with Gold Glow Smooch spriz. (This is a new product on page 10 of the Summer mini).
 See how it sparkles on the paper. I ended up giving a light spritz to the whole card when I was finished. It adds to the vintagy feel. (The Smooch spritz comes not just in gold but in silver foil too for $7.95).
The background is stamped with the "Bliss" stamp, kind of looks like a wallpaper pattern we once had in my parent's house (this set has a very vintage style to it).
Did you notice that Marina Mist scallopy edge? Wondering where that comes from?
Its the negative cut out edge of the Top note Die.
The scattered flowers are cut using the Boho Blossoms punch. The one above the butterfly is centred with an "itty bitty" clear Button. And tied with a thin strip of cardstock.
The flower above the Congratulations is centred with a Basic Jewel Pearl. I was tempted to put pearls in the centre of all the punched flowers but on this ocassion restrained myself as I was trying to follow the sample card just a little.
Supplies: Marina Mist tafetta 1/8" ribbon.
 Stampsets: Bliss, Curly cute.
Cardstock: Old Olive, whisper white, Marina Mist.
Smooch Spritz - gold glow ($7.95)
Presto Pattens Specialty paper $22.95 (12 sheets)
Boho Blossoms punch
Big shot and Topnote die.
Itty bitty buttons, Basic jewel - Pearls.
Aquapainter, sponge.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card, very feminine, Happy Birthday for tomorrow too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the card and birthday wishes.
    Nerida

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: