Thursday, February 24, 2011

Every Moment gift box - water colour crayons and stazon ink

Ever have a project that is half done but just takes for ever to finish...
This little box is part of a project from the Regional training I went to last year. I finally watercoloured the little bird and made a tag for my gift box. 
 I have watercoloured this little bird using my water colour crayons.
The colours are soft suede, old olive, marina mist and Pacific point. I may have dabbed some Baja Breeze crayon in there too.
Water colouring with your aquapainter and water colour crayons is just the quickest way to colour in one of these line art images. No mess, no water dishes, no mixing paint or plastic pallettes.
I simply held the crayon in one hand and wiped my aquapainter brush tip over the crayon (to pick up the colour) and placed it on the paper, within the lines...
In watercolouring you can use layers of watercolour to build up several tones to the depth of colour you want.
 The tag is simply a rectangle of baja breeze cardstock with three corners rounded off with the "corner rounder" punch. Then I've placed a "lots of tags" shape in soft suede cardstock behind it.
The sentiment is from the Every moment stampset and i have stamped off the butterfly once to give a soft texture behind the black stazon words.
Notice that spattering of soft suede?
 It is meant to be there!
I learned a new trick the other day - you can get this effect with a spritzer tool,  
Or, you can hold your aqua painter a few centimetres away from the paper and flick ink ... I tapped the pen on my finger and let it splatter on the cardstock...
...just use a large piece of paper beneath you to catch any stray splatters.
Project Recipe:
Big shot, Fancy favour die, lots of tags sizzlit die.
Stampset: Every Moment $25.95 Clear. $31.95 wood. p72.
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Baja breeze, Soft Suede.
Ink: Stazon black, baja breeze.
Watercolour Wonder crayons: Brights (10) and
Neutrals (10) $37.95 p.142 (IB&C2011)
Ribbon: Old Olive grossgrain, Crop-a-dile (to punch holes), aquapainter pen (2 for $19.95), twine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: