Monday, December 20, 2010

Petals a Plenty in Real Red and Soft Suede

 Four days till the big day... no sign of sleds or ice here, but we can imagine these traditional silhouettes on an indoor ice rink somewhere... I've stamped suede ink for the wreath then spritzed the whole scallop with gold smooch spritz spray. It comes out a lovely antique gold when you sponge some soft suede around the edges. Nope the camera can not pick up that gold smooch - you have to see it in real life.
 I really enjoy making cards with friends in mind ... someone who appreciates a hand made card.
It gives both ways: the pleasure of making the card, of experimenting with new techniques and creating something unique and then posting it off to a friend, who you know will enjoy having it on their shelf for awhile knowing how much time you put into it.
 The petals a plenty embossing folder certainly has had a work out this season.... I made another card in Old olive and to bring out those petals I gently wipe my ink pad over the surface only touching the raised portions of the embossing.
 I kept with the traditional red and green (and a touch of soft suede) for this one. Using patterned paper to peak through the ornament window of the petals a plenty layer.
 This soft suede version has been sponged with a dauber to bring out the texture of the square lattice embossing. But only around the edges as I wanted the image of the children sledding to peak out through the ornament window. The Joy is stamped in Frost white shimmer paint sponged direct to the rubber stamp.
The frost white shimmer paint looks really white front-on but turns to a transparent shimmer from the side.
How cool is that?  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: