Sunday, December 12, 2010

I'm having a Concord Crush !!!

I am in love with this colour, in some lights it looks purple and in some lights it is blue ... If you are missing
out on a bit of purply-blue in your life this is the one to indulge yourself with.
Why did they call it Concord Crush?
Well there is actually an Iris by the name of Concord Crush ...
I made this card for a friend's birthday and being such a busy time of year I have only just sent it to her... so now I can share it with my blog readers.
You have probably guessed that it is a CASE (copy and share everything) of the card on the front of the main Idea Book and Catalogue 2010-11.
 The trick to making this card is making a sheet of layered textured strips of cardstock and patterned papers.
Some are from "Love Letters" Designer series paper, some have been run through the Big shot with an embossing folder (Elegant lines).
The individual strips are glued together or taped as the case may be. Then the whole piece is run through with the Top note die. 
 The Sentiment 'happy birthday' is from Perfect Punches... great little stampset for all different ocassions.
I've added half back pearl jewels and a paper daisy for embellishment.
 Card Recipe:
Stampset: Perfect Punches. Artistic Etchings.
Cardstock: Concord Crush, Very vanilla, Basic Black and Love letter DSP.
Tools: Large oval punch, Eyelet border punch, Big shot, top note, Elegant lines embossing folder.
Accessories: half backed pearls, paper daisy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: