Sunday, November 21, 2010

Regional training day, Sydney

We shared, we were inspired and we created!
What more could a group of Paper crafting women want?
It's Sunday afternoon, and I thought while it's quiet I'd upload a few photos of the Regional training day we enjoyed at the Soffitel Wentworth in Sydney on Saturday.
 Here are some of the Inksomniac's team: Denielle, Tennille, Linda and Nerida (that's me)... we got there just in time for coffee,  delicious pastries, and a quick chat before the day started.
We sat down at our tables for the general session. 
These are the ladies I spent the day with. You can see bits of our make and take projects scattered around the table. That is one of the best parts about training days: getting to make new cards, scrap pages, and  projects with a group of like minded women as passionate about stamping as you are.
The day went so fast with presentations by some very creative Australian demos and SU staff. Stampin' Up send over their training personnel to demonstrate new products, techniques and get us all inspired...
 At the end of the sessions the projects demonstrated go up on display boards so we can photograph them and ooh and ahh and wow over the art work that we saw created in vivid colour on the big screens during the demonstration and training.
You just have to be there to appreciate the creativity and energy that so many women inspire.
Some demos take guests with them, so ask me next time there's a stampin up event if you'd like to come along.
 You can see from the display boards we were treated to a vast array of new techniques, ideas and ways to use our stampin' up tools.
We received a new stampset that is available in the current catalogue: Every Moment.
It is perfectly designed for watercolouring so that is what we did for our make and takes. We had four projects to make and take home with us. So I have a heap of new ideas to experiment with for the upcoming Summer mini launch.
   I have yet to photograph my swaps... what I gave and what I received.
In the meantime you can pop over to Felicity's blog and see her gorgeous photos of the day.
I had such a lovely day on Saturday, Stampin' Up is a great business to be involved in plus I caught up with friends that I haven't seen since the last stampin' up convention and made a few new ones too.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nerida, it was a great day, thanks for all the fun! Do you mind if I "borrow" your photograph with me in it for my blog? I didn't get one with myself in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome Tennille, its a lovely one of you. Thanks for asking. N.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: