Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Collage stamping and a male birthday card

Male birthday?
Designing a card for a male is the antithesis to my usual purple pretty floral cards, so this was always going to be a challenge.
Finding a stampset without a flower is a challenge in my craft room!
So when it came to selecting a stampset and colours - I had to try the collage technique as I truly could not settle on one male stampset and I have done stars and trees many times before.
I have used the Pendant note cards. They are precut and come in Kraft, Kraft and Kraft.
A perfect male colour - call it kahki, call it crumb cake -
It reminds me of the overalls that my dad used to wear in his shed and in the garden.
The ink colours are all pretty much from the same pallette: sahara sand, Soft suede and chocolate chip.
I've gone very heavy on the ink pad "smooshing" - thats a technical term for swiping the ink pad over the cardstock to give a distressed dirty look which is very masculine I think.
Nothing crisp and clean for this style of card.
Card Recipe:
Pendant notes (15cards and envelopes) for $17.50
Stampsets: Tres chic background (expiring), Frames with a flourish (expiring),
Artistic Etchings (sneak peek), Happy birthday is from Party this way (sneak peek).
Cardstock: whisper white.
Ink: Soft Suede, Sahara Sand, chocolate chip.
Tools and accessories: Eyelet border punch, Soft suede polka dot ribbon (expiring), button bouquet, embroidery cotton, mini glue dots, dimensional foam adhesive.
Like this card?    Let me know what you think by leaving me a few words.
Just click your mouse on POST A COMMENT under this post - Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: