Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Technique: Spotlight with watercolouring

Have you tried this technique?
Stamp a card front or ATC (thats an Artist Trading Card) with monotone colours (I've used Sahara Sand and close to cocoa ink for the back ground stamping). You could use black or grey.
Then, stamp another of the same image on cardstock and punch it out.
Mount it on a coloured circle (a little larger than the image circle), and water colour in the details.
I have used Rich razzleberry ink to water colour my rose bud using an aquapainter pen. The more water you use the lighter the colour.
Doesn't it bring out this lovely "Embrace life" Rose bud beautifully?
I have made eight of these ATC samples to swap with.
 It was the June technique of the month.
With water colouring every one is definitely different.
Project Recipe:
Stampsets: Embrace Life, En Francais background stamp.
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Sahara Sand, Rich Razzleberry.
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Sahara Sand, Rich Razzleberry.
Ribbon: Kraft tafetta
Punches: Word window, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: