Monday, June 21, 2010

All a flutter framed butterflies...

Here we are again, the beginning of the week ... I hope you enjoyed your weekend?
I want to show you something I came across while blog-surfing my way overseas ...
my internet blogging takes me to sites in the US and the UK.
I want to thank Jo Dumbleton http://www.stampin-n-stuff.blogspot.com/ for this great idea.
Hers had another layer of words going around the edge, but that would have taken another 20 minutes of stamp-a-ma-jig fun, which I didnt have the extra time for and besides I like to keep it simple.
I bought a pack of three sqaure box frames a while ago now, so I easily stamped these pictures and  clicked the 6x6 inch cardstock into the back and now they are ready for hanging.
Sing out if you see any more of these white frames for me wont you?
The backgrounds are stamped in creamy caramel and soft suede and the left hand one has some pink pirrouette on the very vintage wheel. 
My butterflies are stamped in stazon black ink then watercoloured with the classic inkpads and an aquapainter. The one above is in kiwi kiss and soft suede.
Pumpkin pie and rose red.
Pacific Point and kiwi kiss.
Shades of Rich Razzle berry layed over and over.
The butterflies are set higher than the cardstock with dimensionals.
I'd like to do a frame with actual butterfly colours, like from a book or something.
Stampsets used: En francais background, Very vintage wheel, All a flutter.
Cardstock: Whisper white (textured and plain)
Ink: Stazon black and the other colours ... you can guess what I left out.
Tools: Aquapainter pen, or you can use a paint brush....
Time taken: All Sunday afternoon, just watercolouring and cutting - Enjoy!

1 comment:

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: