Thursday, May 06, 2010

Vintage Vogue in soft suede

Another team challenge is up from the Inksomniacs - the challenge for May is to use only two colours (usually colours means you can add a neutral but not this time)
- so for me it is a one "colour" and one "neutral" challenge.
I quite like this challenge - one ink pad, and two different cardstocks with embellishments:
This ribbon is so gorgous to work with. It is thicker and stiffer than other grosgrains so it ties a good neat bow. This one isn't actually tied - I have looped it around and pinned it to the topnote with a clear Rhinestone brad through the centre of a stamped vintage flower.
The topnote is stamped with my Very Vintage stampin' around wheel, wheeled on the diagonal so that it doesn't have that up and down striped wallpaper look.
And you will note I have used the crimpy biscuit punch to frame my oval sentiment.
Its real name is the scalloped oval punch but it still looks like a crimpy biscuit!
When ever I use it now I get hungry (Thanks for that Teresa).
AND, its still available to purchase, even though its not in the current mini catalogue.
 
Then, because I am loving this Polka dot ribbon and late at night I love to get out my Big shot die cutting machine ... its silent (So I dont wake anyone up when I am using it) and I don't need to plug it in.
Its so portable I can take it anywhere, even down on the floor and on the carpet  ...
I have made a little matching velum pillow box.
Card Recipe:
Stampset: Vintage vogue (Clear mount $30.95) and very vintage wheel ($15.95)
Ink: Soft Suede
Cardstock: whisper white and soft suede
Ribbon: Polka dot soft suede ( I still have shares of ribbon in these in-colours if you thought you missed out)
Punches: Teresa's crimpy biscuit ... Scalloped oval ($30.95) large oval ($30.95)
Tools and Accessories: Clear Rhinestone brad, Big shot die cutting machine, top note die,
Pillow box die and the polka dot embossing folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: