Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Kissing technique cards

 I made two cards using the images I stamped with the kissing technique. For two different occasions with only a slightly different look. The first is to celebrate the birth of my cousin's baby ... a little girl.
 I have used flowers and the grass images from Inspired by Nature. All babies are inspired by nature so a good choice I thought. Both stamps have been "kissed" with the All a flutter butterfly stamp.
 I've added two of the stamped butterflies and adhered them lightly to look as if they are just settling on the page. Love these colours together too: Pale Plum and Rich Razzleberry - delicious! And the word Baby is cut out using my Timeless type die on the big shot machine.
The second card is a Happy "Bird"- day card - the sentiment is from a stampin' up hostess set (which you get for free) when you hostess a workshop or make a purchase of $300 from Stampin up.  It has other cute little sayings like "A star is born", A perfect pair, A note of appreciation ...
 The colours are strengthened with a layer of Chocolate chip textured cardstock behind the white cardstock. And a piece of Rich Razzle berry spotted ribbon tied on for added texture. My butterfly this time is rock and rolled in the pale plum ink and Razzleberry to give his wings some depth.
I think making two cards using the same stamps and colours is a pretty efficient way of creating cards for different occasions. Would you like to make these at your place? Contact me by email: nerida_carter@hotmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: