Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The kissing technique - April tutorial

This is a fun technique everyone needs in their crafting toolbox ... 
The kissing technique is the Stamping Joy technique for April.
Here's my card and the stamps I've used:
And here is what you need to practice your kissing technique:
A solid rubber stamp (I've used the daisy from Inspired by nature $41.95).
Smaller patterned stamp (I've used All a flutter $12.95 from the Autumn Winter mini)
Pale Plum Classic ink pad $11.95
Rich Razzle berry classic ink pad $11.95
Whisper white cardstock (40 sheets $13.50)
Step 1. Ink up your solid rubber stamp image with the lighter of the two stamp colours (in the sample I am using Pale Plum).
Step 2. Ink up your detail stamp in the darker of the two colours.
(The All a flutter butterfly is going to be inked in the rich razzleberry).
Step 3. Stamp the dark inked stamp onto the light inked rubber stamp.
This is the kissing bit ... you only need to lightly "kiss" the butterfly stamp onto the solid stamp.
That is: press your Rich razzleberry "butterfly" onto the rubber of your Pale Plum inked daisy.
You can see the butterfly image that I have stamped on the rubber stamp below.
Here is another photo showing how I have lightly kissed the stamp with the other stamp.
Step 4. Now, Stamp the daisy image on to your whisper white cardstock and Ta da! you have the daisy image "kissed" with the darker butterfly image on paper ready to make up your card.
I will show you some cards tomorrow that I have made with this technique. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: