Saturday, March 06, 2010

Nature's Rustic Collage

I had to show you my second card using this rustic collage technique.
This time I've used a bit of Creamy caramel spongeing to make the white embossing pop out from the sahara sand.
You get that sand-blasted white wash effect by rubbing the whisper white craft inkpad over the stamped design, then I sponged creamy caramel over the top.
The Dragon fly was given a touch of white gel pen, not too much.
Then I have stamped the words with whisper white craft ink: Happiness always (another free stamp set from the Sale-a-bration catalogue)... gotta love free stampsets.
And then I added the stamped and watercolour-penciled Dragon fly from the Nature's nest stampset raised on dimensional foam.
As Dragon flies are inherently transparent and shimmery I used my two-way glue pen and dazzling diamonds for a little bit of bling.
Recipe: all of the above, plus the eyelet border punch and Basic Black grosgrain ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: