Friday, February 05, 2010

Scrapbook an original Super star

Do you have a gorgous photo that you want to display or a milestone moment to be celebrated?
This year (in December) Daughter finally achieved her first super star Assistant Principals award certificate.
We celebrated with a photo and she was up on stage to recieve it at the school assembly.

At first I used a 6x6" scrapbook page to present her photo with a ribbon and I thought I might put it in a small shadow box frame to place on our display shelf.
The layout is one that we made at a recent Team training day ... then as I always have more than one photo I decided to make it up into a 12x12" scrapbook page to either fit my album or frame for the wall.
The quote is "Unique" out of the Life Definitions stampset - an excellent set for scrapbooking.
If you want to place the stamp perfectly inside the stamped frame as I did here you can use a stamp positioner, affectionately known as the stamp-a-ma-jig.
And here is a button-grommet combination to add interest to my ribbon. The gromot has little metal prongs that you can simply press into the cardstock and bend the tines over to hold it securely in place. Really easy!
And I placed the button into the centre with a mini glue dot.
What you need to make this page:
Stampset: life definitions, outline alphabet, Friends 24/7, Frames with a flourish.
Cardstock: Baja breeze textured, riding hood red, whisper white, Pacific Point.
Ink: Riding hood red, baja breeze, Pacific Point, white craft (for the large title).
Tools and accessories: Riding hood red ribbon, large white grommet, button bouquet, stampamajig, jumbo eyelet, cropadile, 1 3/4" circle punch, crimper tool, large star punch, mini glue dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: