Thursday, February 25, 2010

Punched out and ruffled flowers

Have you seen these elsewhere? Everywhere I look at the moment I keep seeing punch art flowers and crumpled ruffled ones at that. So, this is my attempt.
At first it bothered me entirely to crumple up and distress the beautiful Designer Series papers to make my first flower, but once I got into it ... the better the distressing the better it looked.
How did I make them?
Step 1. Is to punch out atleast 5 scallop circles from double sided patterned paper.
You can use a normal circle punch too!
Step 2. is to Make a hole and put a brad through the 5 layers of circle papers.
Step 3. starting from the top circle layer, crumple it up with your fingers, crumple each layer separatly, really get the layers ruffled and squished. Stop when you get to the fifth layer and leave it flat.
Step 4. Uncrumple the layers gradually until you get the look of a partly opened flower.
Step 5. Put a Designer button on top of the brad with a Mini glue dot.
Attach it to your card front.
Quick and easy 3D flowers - I will be back with another card I made.
The variations of colour and pattern are endless.

2 comments:

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: