Tuesday, January 05, 2010

A Sweet cup 7th birthday challenge!

Are you making me a birthday card? Asks my almost 7 year old on the eve of her birthday...
Can it have yellow jelly beans and white in the centre and purple petals?


That was the challenge and in very quick time, between dinner and wrapping presents after sweet almost 7 year old went to bed I whipped this one up. Wish I had had more time but thats how it goes sometimes.

The Card base is in Elegant eggplant and More mustard, and the petals are orchid opulence punched out with the 5 petal punch. I have stamped the happy birthday and stem of the flower with stem sayings ... she loved it especially the yellow and white lollies in the centre.

I made her a nice butter cake though and iced it with a Tinkerbell Decal (her new favourite character) and made the lolly boxes usng the 7cm box template.

I used two punches to open the box up to show the lollies and treats inside: My new butterfly punch (for the top and the thank you tag) and the five petal punch on the front.
The cardstock is Orchid opulence and Elegant eggplant for the Oval and Ribbon too.
Inks used are: Elegant eggplant and Orchid opulence.
Stampsets used: Butterfly prints, Flight of the butterfly and hostess set Sweet little sentiments.
We were fully intending to have a picnic for her birthday but then when the weather predicted rain all week we decided to go ice-scating.

Here is the girl herself  finding her scating feet on the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: