Friday, January 15, 2010

January Elite Challenge - SC29.


Ten more days to go until Sale-a-bration! I just had to mention that.
The January challenges over at the Elite Challenges Team site have started for another month. This sketch comes from a card design on page 17 of the Summer mini.
I have replaced the dragonfly image with the Bird in a cage from Happy moments stampset (available Free from 25 January during Saleabration).
As soon as I saw this stampset with the bird in a cage and happy birthday words I knew what I wanted to do with it. . . 
Embossing .... not surprised?

The cage image has been stamped in versamark and gold embossed.
I liked the idea of the golden cage hanging from something like a tree or the verander. The Frames with a flourish stampset have lots of curly wrought iron like frames, so imagine this little song bird singing on the front verander.

Now that I have used these Basic Jumbo Grommets with ribbon I find it hard to just tie a bow anymore ... another of those accessories you wondered how you ever got by with out.
Card Recipe:
Stampsets: Frames with a Flourish, Happy Moments.
Cardstock: Orchid Opulence, Elegant Eggplant, whisper white.
Ink: Orchid Opulence, Versamark.
Accessories and Tools:
Gold embossing Powder, heat tool, Certainly celery Ribbon, Basic Jumbo Grommet, Word window punch.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the way you've worked with the grommet and ribbon here...very nice.. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops I also meant to say...awesome card BTW

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: