Thursday, December 17, 2009

Pumpkin pie sweet cup card

I have several cards to upload over the next couple of days. I promised to upload photos of the cards I demonstrated at our Summer mini launch, I'm nearly done ... just let me know when you've had enough. This card uses the new sweet cups with the 1 3/4" circle punch, plus the Animal stories stamp and the Stem sayings set (This is one of the half price stampsets on offer until 25 January $19.95).
Don't you just love wobbly googly eyes? I dont know how I survived before mini glue dots were invented ... I have used them to adhere the eyes and they wont fall off and the glue dries instantly. No moving around while you wait for any liquid glue to dry!
The trick to this card is the smaller circle cut out behind the sweet cup and the tag that slips in behind to create a sliding door to get your jelly beans out.
And when you eat all the jelly beans you still have a birthday cake showing from the front of the card. The basket of the Hot air balloon is made with the large tag punch (turned upside down and a centimetre cut off the top). The strings on the balloon are stamped using the curving words of the stem sayings stampset.
On the sliding tag I have punched the round tag, folded it in half and glued it to the white corner rounded square. Here is the tag removed (I forgot to photograph the pumpkin one, so this one is from the kiwi kiss sample that I have shown you earlier).
Products used to make this card:
Stampsets: Animal stories, stem sayings, Sweet birthday.
Cardstock: whisper white, pumpkin pie.
Ink: pumpkin pie, riding hood red.
Tools: 1 3/4" circle punch, corner rounder, hole punch, pumpkin pie grosgrain ribbon, large square tag punch, round tag punch.
Any questions on how I constructed the card or the products used, please leave me a comment just below this post....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: