Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Launch night a success!!!

What a great night we had launching the Summer mini catalogue last night. I enjoyed myself and I hope you all enjoyed your lucky door prizes and the projects that we made.
For those of you who couldn't make it - Here are the projects using new products from the Summer mini catalogue:
Animal stories in a sweet cup balloon.
Colours used: whisper white cardstock, pumpkin pie cardstock and ink. Riding hood red ink (for the words). New Circle punch 1 3/4" circle that is exactly the right size to hold the sweet cup.
I love the fact that our cardstock comes in so many colours that you can match it to the jelly beans in the cup.
The Animal stories stampset comes with matching double sided paper and 4 different animals in this stampset. Lots of variations for children's birthday cards and scenes.The tag at the top opens the sliding door to allow you access to your lollies with out tearing the card and when you have finished the jelly beans you still can see the happy birthday greeting through the window.
Magnetic Book mark : I made several different colour combinations of these and experimented a lot with magnets and paper clips. Finally, they seemed to work with a bit of sticky strip and good metal placement.I am using mine to mark the pages in my catalogues that I keep coming back to. The magnet keeps it from falling out even if I turn it upside down. A nice Christmas gift too for a reader in your family.
If you guessed I like butterflies you would be right and since this one comes with a matching butterfly punch I know I will get a lot of use from it. It also fits the flight of the butterfly stampset in the main catalogue... Baja breeze seems to go with everything especially butterflies I think. I have lots of different projects in mind for this stampset and punch.
Our third project was the dragon fly card featuring the beautiful large grommets that hold the ribbon neatly together. A very tailored look. Strong metal claws keep your bow neatly in place. There are 4 colours in a pack: Five each of white, black, silver and cream.The dragon fly comes from the new Nature's nest stampset and the happy birthday stamp is a single stamp which comes with a cake too. These colours are Elegant eggplant, more mustard and Old Olive and I have inked the stamp using markers direct to the rubber stamp.

I will have a few more photos of the night to show you tomorrow ... off to make a slideshow.

11 comments:

  1. Hey Nerida,
    I love this bow UNDER the grommet, but can't for the life of me figure how you did it?
    the bow doesn't even look like a normal bow?
    Can you explain how you actually did this.
    Thanks Heaps,
    Luv Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy,
    Thank you for your comment. It is very very simple. First, tie a knot! Create a nice wide flat knot in the front. To get it right I tie it right over left, then left over right. Spread the flattened knot out.
    Then you place the grommet over the knot and turning the whole thing over you press the claws into and around the knot. Turn it back over and you have a knot beneath the grommet.
    So its not a bow as such at all!
    Nerida

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: