Thursday, November 12, 2009

Have you seen one of these pyramid cards before?

The first time I saw one of these pyramid cards was on Makeeshabyl's blog and I just had to make one, but sadly, it has been on my to make list for a long long time. Last Saturday I had all my craft papers, cardstock and stamps spread out over the table, and decided to have a go at it.
Quite a simple construction actually, 3 pieces of square 4"x 4" cardstock, scored, folded and voila! This side shows the "front" so to speak with greeting and snowflake medallion. Here I have used the snow swirled snow flake stamped on whisper white cardstock, with black stazon. I have punched out the circle scallop and then attached another circle of acetate on top with a Black brad through both layers. The top layer of acetate is stamped with white stazon ink.
Loving this effect. You can turn the Snowflake and it changes from black to white to grey .... cool huh?
The next side (mmm, side 2 of 3) has a triangle of patterned paper from the "I wish" Scrappin' pack. It matches perfectly with the snow swirled stampset.
To set this off I have attached a black and clear acetate snow flake with a white brad.
Last side (side 3) is kind of the back side so for good measure I have added the greeting and a riding hood red ribbon bow (this holds it all together). The greeting is from Best yet stampset, stamped on the large oval punch and matted with the scallop oval punch.
Love this taffetta ribbon tied through the double slot punch ... did I mention that there are only 17 days left to order the scallop oval punch from the Spring mini catalogue.... It is a must have item (honestly) ... and have you got your white stazon ink yet?And last photo is a front and top view just to show it really is a pyramid... you can untie the ribbon to lay it flat to write on and post ... might need instructions on how to tie it back together for those craft challenged gift card recievers.
What you might need to make this card:
3 x pieces of 4"x4" cardstock (two colours) I have used Riding hood red and Old olive cardstock.
Ink: white stazon, black stazon.
Brads: black and white.
Ribbon: Riding hood red taffeta
Designer series Paper: I wish scrap pack.
Punches: Circle scallop punch, Oval scallop punch, large oval punch, two slot punch, 1.3cm circle punch. Bone scorer and Taylor's awl (to make holes).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: