Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Another mouth to feed ... birds and friends 24/7

I had to share this photo with you of my daughter with our school holiday addition to the household. Her dad found the bird in the middle of the road, fallen out of it's nest and he couldn't leave it there. So after figuring out it is a native noisy minor, (not the brown introduced indian minor species), we rang wires and they said to feed it and try to introduce it back to the local community of noisy minor birds ... well so far they have completely ignored it and every hour or so it says "peep peep peep" (very cute) and needs another feed.
Daughter loves it by the way... and has named it "tweety".
And here is the card I made, inspired by bird on the weekend (there are several actually)...The background is stamped with the damask stamp from friends 24/7... rock and rolled in pink pirouette and riding hood red ink. I did the same with the bird ( a bit heavier with the riding hood red) and cut it out so that I could place it up off the page with a few dimensionals.
Then I coated the bird in shiny crystal effects. Its an adhesive that dries hard and clear and gives a great shiny coating to cardstock when you spread it with the nozzle.The sentiment "My friend" was stamped and embossed on white cardstock using the "friendly words wheel", cut out and attached with a dimensional too. The pink flower is a metal brad (from the Spring mini catalogue) and I have edged the two layers with the eyelet border punch.

There is a layer of Riding hood red cardstock under the white, and a layer of pink pirouette patterned paper under that. Inside I have placed another strip of Designer series paper (both from the Bella Rose paper pack). What I have used to make this card:
Stampset: Friends 24/7, Friendly words wheel.
DSP: Bella rose designer series
Cardstock: Riding hood red, whisper white and sahara sand.
Ink:Riding hood red, pink pirouette, VersaMark.
Accessories: Flower brad, Crystal effects, silver embossing powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: