Monday, August 03, 2009

Russian nesting doll cards...


... And now for something completely different: -
This little card is inspired by a few blogs I've seen at the moment and a magazine article I read on line.
It took me a lot longer than I expected to trace my shape onto cardstock, work out the template size, cut out and arrange the patterned paper layers, design and create the baby doll, hair and matching slippers, face and ribbon... but the next one will be a lot quicker to make, I am sure.

The design is inspired by the Matroyshka doll we have on our bookshelf that I bought my daughter for Christmas one year. I have always loved and been facinated by how they fit one doll inside another, and another... always wanted to play with one when I was a girl ... now I have made my own in paper.
Materials:
Stampset: Always
Cardstock: Whisper white and Sweet always Designer series paper, and the hair and shoes are scraps of urban Oasis paper.
Ink: Markers - close to cocoa, regal rose, pretty in pink and Pumpkin pie.
Circle punches, oval scallop punch, eyelet border punch, pretty in pink ribbon and pink brad.

2 comments:

  1. Russian nesting doll is so cute
    this is nice article

    Get More Details

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this doll, i want to make one now, you will have to show me, love the papers and everything, as always Nerida very nice. Felicity.H.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: