Friday, August 21, 2009

Film strip cards and scrapbook pages

Do you remember, about a year ago, all the rage was the film strip card that my talented upline, Linda Higgins introduced us to? I think the orginal idea came from splitcoast.We all bought hole punches, and spiral punches ... well, its time to get them out again, if you ever put them away.
This scrapbook layout uses the same concept to feature a row of themed photos like a film strip.I have used the "gallery" stampset from the current spring mini. There are 3 large frame stamps that I like to use for either short journalling onto, or turning into a frame for an accessory or two.This one reminds me of a mirror frame with the curly wrought iron looking swirls top and bottom. Just enough room to write the girl's names and where they are - the Japanese gardens - and the date. This frame reminded me of a large flower frame, so I centred the flower stamp from the always stampset on vellum in elegant eggplant ink (embossed in clear embossing powder to make it permanent) and used my favourite filigree flower with a clear rhinestone brad in the centre. Pretty special huh? I've used my double rectangle punch for the edges of the filmstrip. Trimmed the photos to roughly the same size and shape, (they were already framed on each edge with a white border). I've also kept the colour scheme fairly monochromatic, pale plum and eggplant cardstock, eggplant grosgrain ribbon and elegant eggplant, perfect plum and nothing else for ink. I am loving my gallery stamps ... So many words on this page I kept the Title small: Friends giggle...
The girls took food for the fish in the carp pond, but being winter, they were having their ponds cleaned so we walked around, played in the tea house and had a hot chocolate in the cafe. Look at those happy faces... chocolate fueled smiles or what?
Other Accessories: large oval punch and dimensionals to lift the warm words ovals.
Friends stamp is from the Friends 24/7 stampset.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: