Saturday, June 20, 2009

Enjoy always!

This card was inspired by a sketch challenge over on the Elite challengers blog site.
And the fact that I haven't been using these two stampsets nearly enough, in my opinion. So the technique I have used is:
Brayering!
The "enjoy" was stamped on gloss paper in versamark ink, then embossed with clear embossing powder.
The brayer was inked up in lavender lace ink and then elegant eggplant ink. Afterwards I polished off the excess ink to reveal the embossed enjoy word.
The always bird was embossed onto a scrap piece of gloss cardstock ( which already had some brayered ink on it ), and brayered again with the elegant eggplant ink. I cut the bird out so that he could perch on the edge of the word.
The background is stamped with the "inspird by nature" stampset. The grass was stamped in versamark and clear embossed, then stamped over with white craft ink.
I added some white cardstock which was edged with the eyelet border punch, as well as the edge of the card. The ribbon is elegant eggplant grosgrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: