Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Elite challenges Colour challenge ...

The Elite challenges blog has issued this challenge for June. It is a colour challenge that I would not normally think to put together. That's the beauty of a challenge it takes you out of your comfort zone and makes you try new things.
The colours are: Pink pirouette, baja breeze and going grey and Basic grey. I think this one came together really well. Pretty and soft but, the basic grey gives it depth.
I love the sentiment from fifth avenue floral - here I have stamped it on vellum cardstock with Stazon black ink and punched it out with the wide oval.The ribbon is in pink pirouette wide grosgrain. I punched out the little notch for the bow to sit in with the 1 1/4" circle punch. And threaded it under the brayered piece of cardstock anchoring it down with the silver filigree brad. In the centre of the brad is a clear rhinestone.
The stamping is in versamark on gloss white cardstock, then inks applied with the brayer until the colour is saturated and the white under the versamark ink shows through clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: