Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Daisies in dew - Inspired by nature.

Inspired by Nature? definitely... This was a quickly made at night time card. Only two layers of cardstock.
(I was going to put in another layer of perhaps rose red, but decided: this time I like the simplicity of white on green).
I first stamped the grass stamp in kiwi kiss classic ink onto the white cardstock.
Then using my stampin' up markers inked the rubber on the daisy stamp with the Rose Red, close to Cocoa and Old Olive markers. And, Stamped that over the top.
Wrapped the riding hood red ribbon around the white layer and adhered it to the kiwi kiss card.
Now comes the fun part!
I applied little droplets of crystal effects onto the blades of grass to look like dew. ( I saw this done at Convention this year).
Then spread crystal effects over the red of the daisy petals with the nozzle of the crystal effects bottle. It takes about an hour or more to dry, so leave it overnight before anyone touches it.
Can you see how I have placed some droplets onto the close to cocoa flower centres?
Hint: Beware of air bubbles - they can splash and burst onto your paper unexpectedly, if you're lucky they will look like more dew, if not your petal might be a bit less defined ... it's ART! It's unpredictable - thats why we like it... isn't it?
The tag is attached with embroidery thread. The tag Cardstock is Riding hood red and the sentiment: Thanks so much is from Trendy trees stamps set. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: