Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Brayer cards ... the beginning

I have a brayer, but it was uninked, it was unused, untried ...
until I went to a brayering class at my wonderful upline Linda's house and we made the card above ( pink pirouette and two lovely blues ) it was late at night so I am not sure right now which ones.
Then the next day I made my own version in perfect plum and pale plum .... it is so much fun!!!
Here it is a little closer ... I have brayered pink pirouette, then pale plum and finally perfect plum in layers onto gloss white cardstock. The colours blend so beautifully and you can not determine the outcome, time and drying and chance play a great part.
My background stamp is Tres Chic, stamped in perfect plum on perfect plum cardstock.
The mount of course is basic black and the "to you from me" sentiment is from the Hostess set - Best yet stamped on textured pale plum cardstock.
The flowers are pocket silhouettes.
One of those cards that look far better in real life ... cant show you the shiny cardstock without a reflection, nor will the perfect plum purple photograph very well in this type of light. But you get the idea.
Warning: more cards to come.

1 comment:

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: