Monday, May 11, 2009

My favourite Five, six, seven: Convention swaps


I have somehow found time to organise my swaps from Convention and have a really good look at them all...
I was really impressed with the quality of the swaps I received, if a little embarrassed by my own in comparison...
The whole idea is to share ideas and styles with other demonstrators, its all part of the support you receive from stampin' up and all the other demos across the country (and NZ).

Any way I thoughht if nothing else I would share with you my favourite 5 swaps from this year's convention:
My absolute No 1 favourite:is by Felicity Hawkins - I love it because she used the bella bleu papers so creatively and it is not just a card front - it is beautifully made and actually opens up like so:
and again like this:No 2 on my favourite swap list is by Cath D. I love the colours she has used and because it is one of the stampsets that I have to have... enjoy every moment!
No 3. I love the simplicity of this card by Lin mei Yap and because it is the wheel that goes with one of the stampsets we received at Convention and she coloured it all with individual markers:
No 4. is a card by Lorinda Brooks - as I have just bought inspired by nature stampset, and I have this hostess set too, and I love the colour compination.
No 5. Here's where it gets tricky ... I was drawn to the tango tangerine colour and the scallop circle punch stamped and cut in this way ... by Leonie Newman:
It has to be a tie with this one ... By Kylie Johnson - friends 24/7 stampset again, in cocoa tangerine and chocolate chip, layered so beautifully on the friendly words wheel. I have yet to figure out how she masked the bird and placed the orange medallian behind it.

Then for number 6, or is that 7? (as she is six) my daughter's favourite card swap is this one:by Louise Hopman from Auckland NZ. I really like the way she has "glazed" the windows with crystal effects over the pale plum and used her white gel pen to hi light the window shutters.
I promise next year to start designing my swaps earlier so that I can hold my head high with these other cardmakers ... if you would like to see these cards or want to know anything more just email me, or ask a question in the comments section and I will bring them over to your place ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: