Friday, May 08, 2009

Autumn leaves and umbrella joy...

When it is mild in Canberra, I walk and take photos of Autumn leaves ... and you could pick all the Convention attendees by their gorgous new Convention bags slung over their shoulders.
Thought I'd show you a picture of what I brought home from Canberra in my bag.
I just can't wait till it rains next, so I can use my new Fifth avenue flowered umbrella!!! I have either broken or lost every other umbrella I have owned so this was a beautiful mother's day gift to myself don't you think? Problem is now this stampset and paper pack is just calling out to me ... it will have to wait unfortunately because the wish list has grown another page or two while I was away ...
There were sample boards of cards and projects featuring the style watch pages of the catalogue:
and Workshop Wows - I will have to show you some of these ...

And have you ever seen such a gorgous display of swaps ? these are from the very talented and energised Cath, whom we shared the appartment with on the weekend... and kindly drove us where ever we needed to go...

My final Convention highlight had to be the session with Derek Christianson. Who talked about our choices in the face of adversity. We learnt about our reptilian, limbic and neocortex parts of our brain - and about carrots, eggs and coffee beans ... don't ever say paper crafters aren't deep thinkers. It was a very sobering yet fun session of the conference. Here is where he had ten demonstrators up on stage teaching them a new dance (it had something to do with tapping into our positive feelings and emotions and applying them to our higher and better selves).Here is the last photo I took on the way home from Convention , when we stopped at Berrima for some family I-didnt-forget-to-get-you-a-gift buying, perfumed candle and essential oil appreciation ... and where I had the most delicious rubbarb pie for afternoon tea...

Did you know that Convention will be in Sydney next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: