Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Riding Hood Red does the tango with Sahara Sand challenge

Another late night, burning the candle at both ends...
A challenge to complete and here it is!
These were the colours I decided to challenge myself to use: Riding hood red, tangerine tango and sahara sand.
I have largely ignored the sahara sand in my neutral colour palette, but I have decided that it will tone down those wild bright colours in the new Catalogue.
This sketch challenge (I will come back and edit when i remember where I found this sketch) was one I found recently and thought it gave me a good excuse to experiment with my background stamping.
Three separate panels and a circular medallion to decorate: just screams Boho backgrounds and now that the One of a kind Boho blossoms and punch are back in the new catalogue I intended to give them a whirl together.
I Love how you can layer the circle punches on this design. The first panel was done with the little flowers from Boho backgrounds, and the middle (red panel) with the Boho background circle stamp and the third panel I have used my Baroque wheel for a swirly effect.The last embellishment is my "faux" brads - that is french for fake brads! now brads are cheap but you never seem to have the right colour for the card you are making ... unless you plan it that way. And brads, unfortunately, do not come in the new in-colours, so apart from buying a build a brad kit ... you can fake it with card stock, crystal effects and dimensionals.
These little flower "brads" are made from a punched out circle of pink cardstock.
The dimensional lifts the brad off the card surface to make it look real.
I have tried to take a photo close enough, in this low grey rainy overcast light, to show you the shine on the flower centre.
Want a real demonstration of this effect? Give me a call and book a party with some friends ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: