Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Forever Flowers and a Sketch Challenge

We have had a few days of rain and overcast skies, so you will see why my photos and colours are a little duller than usual ...But I am still card making, at night, because I can enjoy the quiet of the house and seem to get a lot more stamping done when all else are in bed.
I have used a wheel to stamp the flowers. Firstly inking up the wheel in pale plum, then rolling the edge of the wheel over the darker Perfect plum ink pad, then diagonally stamping it across the whisper white cardstock. You dont have to worry about whether the wheel is running straight that way and you get less of a linear effect. Then, I put some crystal effects on each of the flower centres (You can only just see it in the photo?) and dusted them with dazzling diamonds glitter. This is my response to a challenge called mojomonday.blogspot.com (week78).
It is inspired by http://www.makeeshabyl.com.au/ ... who puts one up every Monday (0r thereabouts). Its a great idea for cardmakers and scrapbookers to make a project when their creativity is a bit low, or they are feeling overwelmed by their own busy life, or just because we like a challenge that is Not of our own making.
The materials I used:
Cardstock - perfect Plum, pale Plum, whisper white.
Stampsets: En Francais Background, Forever Flowers, So many sayings.
Ink: Perfect plum, Pale plum.
tools and accessories: Styled silver hodgepodge flower brad, scallop edge punch, word window punch and corner rounder. I crimped the pale plum cardstock with my Crimper tool. Added some crystal effects to the flower centres and dusted it with dazzling diamonds glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: