Thursday, March 05, 2009

Floral and Linen backgrounds I am going to miss you.

After yesterday's card, I thought I would go for a more subtle approach on this one.
The soft subtles of Perfect Plum, pale plum, Certainly Celery and a little Old Olive.
And it is Autumn, so falling leaves and flowers are quite fitting for this month. I will be sending it to my Wonderful friend ... we write letters to each other (the snail mail variety).
So, I try to include a card each letter I write to her ...
I don't know how I could ever think of saying goodbye to these background stamps ... I haven't had the linen stamp for long, it gives a gorgous texture to any cardstock. You can see I have even used it on the word stamp to soften the white with a little of the certainly celery. The words are from the Boho Background stampset. I just ink up the line I want to use with a marker and stamp just the part that I want to use. The Old Olive frame is cut with the square scallop punch (top and bottom scallops cut off).
And I have sponged Perfect plum around the outside of the card edge to soften the background edges to give some shadow and depth.

Materials Used:

Stampsets: Floral background, Linen background, Boho backgrounds, Lovely as a tree. Cardstock: Perfect plum, Pale plum, whisper white, old olive. Punch: scallop-square. Ribbon: Elegant eggplant grosgrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: