Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bodacious Bouquet gets the Kiss Off technique!

Bodacious Bouquet is another of the gorgous stamps to be farewelled and celebrated this month. I have used the kiss off technique to give the flat stamps some depth and texture. What is the kiss-off technique?
Firstly I ink up a flat stamp shape with white craft ink, then I took a smaller flower stamp and stamped it dry onto the wet stamp surface, it takes off a bit of ink.
I clean the small stamp and stamp off another flower impression from the wet stamp surface. Then I "huff" (that's a technical term for breathe heavily) on to the wet stamp and stamp it on to the black cardstock. This card is a little out there even for me ... I started by have an idea involving white ink and black cardstock - adding a bit of Purely Pomegranate ink, some Ballet blue and purple ... It didn't quite look like what was first in my head, so -
I cut out all the pieces and arranged them on Old Olive cardstock, which was stamped with the Fine Lace background stamp, layered some more black and pomegranate cardstock with crimping and the stem sayings "Happy birthday" and then ,I sat back and said: Not quite sure about this one???
You be the judge - leave me a comment and tell me did it work?



Materials:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Old Olive, purely pomegranate, ballet blue, lavender lace. Ink: White craft (as well as Matching coloured ink pads).
Ribbon: Old Olive wide grosgrain.
Tools: crimper and dimensional adhesives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: